Friday, July 11, 2008

The TV-Book shelf ...




























I've been working on this "Entertainment center" since this winter and am finally done. After Chi Chi's passing and Keegan's birth this was the 3rd most important thing I had going this past winter(-:spring,summer:-). She is finally finished. An approx 7' x 5' mahogany, yellow heart, brazilian cherry, black walnut, maple, ash, and blood wood "entertainment center" for a wall mounted flatscreen TV. The side boards are mahogany and y heart w/ maple figure 8 stringers inspired for an old Greg Noll I have. The fin on the top of the book shelf is ash, black walnut, & blood wood inspired by my friend Pat's old Weber pig fin. This has been one of my favorite jobs so far, and I look forward to designing & making more exotic wood sculptures like this in the future. Here are some pics of it in progress and finished...

No comments: