I started the "Alaia Project" @ the beginning of January. I went off to the mill inspired by the works of Tom Wegner and some video on YouTube of guys like Christian Wach riding Alaias. I began looking for home grown Jerzy wood. I thought a white cedar would be a good local wood to use keeping the wood locally harvested, glued and shaped.
Well, so much for that at this moment. I ended up with Philippino Mahogany for the first few boards, w/ full intention of bringing it full circle back to a total jersey project.
I glued up 2 blanks so far. 1 for a 7'8 Alaia & 1 for a 4' Paipo (Pipe' o) or bodyboard.
I finished off the Paipo the other day. Here is a bottom shot. Now off to work on the Alaia.